Monday, August 31, 2009

Numero Uno

I got a letter in the mail today, getting invited to become a student ambassador for a program called "People to People". If I joined or whatever the process is for becoming involved in a program like that, I would spend 19 days of my summer next year with other high school students touring great places in Europe. I'm talking France, England, Wales, Amsterdam, Ireland, and the Netherlands. I really want to go, but money could be an issue, since my parents' income isn't all that great. Plus, my dad is kinda cheap and my mom spends her money supporting me and my two siblings and paying mortgage to the house she bought herself...I'd hate to be a drain on her finances. Still, I really want to do this, it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I just hope that things will work out.

School starts for me on the 11th. When I found out, I thought that was pretty inconsiderate. After the 9/11 attack I didn't really think that my school start fall term on the day of natural tragedy. As selfish as it sounds though, no disrespect to anyone who lost someone to that sad day, I'm kind of excited to go back to school and see all of my friends. Life can get pretty boring during the last lulls of the summer. I finished all three summer reading books, all of which were beautifully written and depressing, and I even had a summer job as a camp counselor. I'm kind of ready to go back and start a new school year. I'm thinking, a term of driver's ed so I can FINALLY learn how to drive.

I've become this weird fanatic for the show "Greek" on ABC Family. I used to watch it, but stopped after the first season. Since the third season is premiering tonight, I figured I'd catch up on the first two seasons. Basically I spent the past two or three days a zombie on Hulu.com watching all of the episodes that I could. I finally finished the second season at 1PM. This is how cool I am.

I'm gonna go now, and just hang out until the season premieres in an hour.

xoxo, Chuckles McGee (pseudonym)

No comments:

Post a Comment